- Last Saturday some staff and their volunteering family members helped move furniture into our new office space. A new desk, comfy chair (that folds out into a small bed), and a sectional sofa were donated and picked up. These will ceryainly provide staff and survivors with some new working and relaxing amenities! Thanks to Marcus dePaula, Susie Higginbotham, and Whitney Carlson for their furniture and to our helpers for the day!
- Saturday was also a training session for our volunteer group leaders from around the area. Karen and Derri discussed new systems and important updates and together the leaders put together new ideas and a mission statement for volunteer groups. Thanks to all who attending – Katie Camper, Bucky Elliott, Scott Hardesty, Dana Montgomery, and Gwen Smith!
- Survivors were in the office to figure out bus routes for a new job, fill out job applications, and visit with our direct services staff. This morning we met a new referral who seems really ready to get to work on building a future!
- Two volunteers visited on Monday – Ms Tennessee, Lauren Wallace, who did a beautiful job organizing and labeling all our survivor supplies in our new office space; and our admin assistants husband, Ethan, who installed our new security cameras. Thank you to you both for such great work!
- Thursday our staff had a great training session with Tracy Busse who taught on strength-based approaches and process responses to develop when working with clients.
Our staff is also happy to have Monday off in honor of Labor Day, though we will be on call should a survivor need us! We hope you will take the time to honor this day as well and remember that there are 94 minors every month who are trafficked in Tennessee – for both commercial sex and labor.
And be sure to look for our monthly newsletter coming soon September 1rst, with upcoming BIG events, survivor updates, lots of Tennessee human trafficking news, and more!