- Human Trafficking, or modern day slavery, is the #2, and fastest growing, crime on the planet; a $32-billion-a-year business.
- Today there are 27 million people enslaved, more than at any other time in history.
- Slavery has been outlawed in every country but still occurs everywhere.
- The average price of a slave is 90 dollars, making modern slaves disposable people.
- The USA, along with Japan and Australia, are at the top of the list of wealthier receiving countries for foreign victims.
- Eighty percent of victims are female and fifty percent are children.
- Every minute two more children are forced into slavery; 1 million children are forced to work in the sex industry daily. At least 100,000 American children alone are used in pornography and prostitution each year.
- It is estimated that 200,000- 400,000 people are in bondage at any given time in the USA.
- Every year the slave population in the US grows upwards of 17,000.
- Suburbs, rural areas and small towns, and normal residential neighborhoods, are increasingly popular for this progressively computer based business.
What does that mean for us?
Buying differently: Select fair trade chocolate, freely made cars, clothing, jewelry and household goods. (See Free2Work.org)
Getting educated: Learn more about the issue including red flags for identifying the victims that may be hidden in plain sight. Start with notforsale.info and sign up for our newsletter at notforsaletn.org . We’ll send you a list of recommended books and links to video clips.
Taking Action: There’s a place for everyone in taking effective action to end slavery and aid its victims. Join the Abolitonist Movement today! Let us know you’re ready, by writing to email@example.com.