- Host a prayer vigil. Sept. 24-26 is the 5th Annual International Weekend of Prayer and Fasting for victims of sex slavery. Find resources here.
- Have a fair trade chocolate and coffee tasting party.
- Show “Faces of Slavery” to your church, home group, professional org or family and friends in your home. Write for free DVD.
- Write letters of encouragement to rescued victims in shelters. Write for info.
- Donate books and media on human trafficking to libraries—school, public, church etc. Write for recommendations and to let us know where you gave.
- Show a movie about human trafficking and discuss modern slavery with your friends. Suggestions: Cargo , Human Trafficking, or commercial films like Taken or Slumdog Millionaire. Invite us to lead the discussion if you don’t feel ready.
- Retweet our tweets.
- Hold an awareness/benefit event, a Chinese auction, battle of the bands, or an outdoor movie night. We have lots of ideas. You probably do too!
- Distribute media that helps identify victims and how to help them. (Write for bookmarks, postcards, posters, bumper stickers. )
- Love to read? Have a readathon to raise funds. Get friends to sponsor you per book read. Or recommend a book on human trafficking to your book club.
- Devote your Facebook status to human trafficking information once a week. Our newsletter is a good source of information. Sign up here.
- BEST way to engage for most people: Join one of our monthly Volunteer Action Groups: Nashville or Franklin
Pass this list on to your friends!