- Last Saturday, Karen hosted a training session for new volunteers and presenters.
- Derri and Karen were out of the office from Monday to Wednesday this week for a training event in Knoxville hosted by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and hearing from a Dallas anti-trafficking unit regarding law enforcement and NGO collaboration in providing services for human trafficking victims.
- Our super trio and their sidekicks (a.k.a. Shelia, Lizedny and Christine with new interns Kamrie and Allie) were busy all week with survivors – going to appointments, helping with housing and services, building relationships, etc.
- Linda Goldberg from the Murfreesboro volunteer group stopped by the office on Thursday with bags of food kits for our survivors.
- Thursday’s staff meeting was full of surprises as the team found out that we were able to move our two part-time workers to full time for the rest of the fiscal year, an exploiter will be providing us with a new vehicle as a good faith gesture, and we have funds to purchases some tools to help us serve our volunteers and survivors more effectively. .
- A kind donor brought a box spring and bed frame to the office on Friday to give to one of our survivors.
As the spring and summer months continue on we will be having a lot of activity around the office and lots of presentations and events so stay tuned to our website, newsletters, and social media for updates.