This past week has been a busy one – but that’s just pretty usual for us here at End Slavery Tennessee!
Our 2015 gift card campaign concluded with the end of January but we have seen many gift cards streaming into the office since then. We had a count of 43 gift cards from our very own Franklin volunteer group alone!
Recently, special visits to the office included:
- Kate Trudell met with most of our staff. She is the Executive Director of Community Coalition Against Human Trafficking (CCAHT) and is hoping to build up her organization focused in Knoxville. We enjoyed getting to know each other and sharing info and resources to help the CCAHT grow well without having to start from scratch!
- FBI met with Lizedny and one of our survivors who is ready to cooperate with law enforcement and empower themselves in this way.
- Jerry Redman and staff from Second Life of Chattanooga stopped in for lunch so we could talk together about successes and new developments among our organizations and how we can better assist one another in our common mission to eradicate slavery in our state.
- Clarice Grooms and Clarice Parsons of the Nashville volunteer group worked tirelessly to help put together end of year tax letters to donors.We're happy they had so many to send!
- Christina Stevens dropped off a bunch of Valentine’s Day bags full of goodies for all our survivors. She and the women of the Bible study group from Fellowship Bible Church really know how to lavish our girls, women, and men with unconditional love!
Survivors also frequented our office recently including new referrals, survivors starting therapy, job searching/applying, and a few who popped in just to say hello!
We also have some sad news: Survivor Services \Coordinator (SSC) Lizedny De la Rosa, turned in her resignation. She is relocating; her husband has a new job out of the country. We wish blessings upon her in this next chapter of her life.
We're now looking forward to get to know two new members of our team, new SSCs starting next week – Jennifer Settle and Yvette White. We feel sure you will enjoy getting to know them too.