Here are just some of the highlights of the week that our staff here at End Slavery Tennessee has been up to in order to help provide Training, Aftercare, and Prevention (TAP):
- Staff distributed Valentine’s gift baskets donated from volunteer groups and individuals to survivors.
- Two new girls came in through the Hannah Project. Christine and Lizendy worked with both in preparation for the opportunity for a new life and a new start.
- Karen Karpinski had two presentations this week at the Vanderbilt Children’s hospital and a Belmont University entrepreneur class, and attended the Franklin Soroptimist Club’s Community Awareness Program. She reported great results from all events!
- Special note from the Soroptimist’s event – End Slavery received over $2,000 from donations and gift cards from the event!
- Derri talked to a local video production representative looking to do pro bono work with End Slavery Tennessee. Possibly revamping some of our older videos and creating a short video to present at future events and fundraisers.
Just a few of the new events that were going on this week. As always, our intervention specialist, Shelia Simpkins, and our case managers have been working with all our survivors this week to help guide them on their journeys to recovery; interns and volunteers working in the office as well and helping to keep us working efficiently; and as always donations from caring individuals have been coming in throughout the week to help End Slavery Tennessee bring awareness and restoration to those in our own backyard!