Here are some highlights of our more recent happenings at the office:
- Our office staff enjoyed a visit from some of the volunteers from the Brentwood Group as they donated a meal for our safe house survivors, some gift cards and donations, and nine iPhones. Shelia treated the volunteers to a wonderful tour and answered all their questions. Our survivors greatly appreciated all the gifts as well!
- Last Wednesday we unknowingly celebrated National Dog Day with our volunteer service dog Franklin as the survivors spent the day enjoying his company and friendliness. Another survivor also happened to bring by her newest puppy as well. All in all, it was a pretty ruff day (sarcasm and pun intended).
- We welcomed our newest intern this week, Natalie Hennessey, and gave her a true ESTN induction!
- Our staff is “gearing up” for Ride for Refuge this year and we’re enjoying some friendly competition in the meantime.
- Elizabeth Schrimsher and the Sagraves family loyally brought in meal for our safe house survivors this week as well. In addition, one of the Sagraves children brought in a small cup of change he had collected to give our survivors so they could buy sodas and snacks while at the office.
- Lena Postanowicz started volunteering at the office this week as our lovely substitute office manager for a few hours. She is also putting her data entry skills to use to help our education team discern the effectiveness of presentations and awareness events.
As one famous pig once said, that’s all for now folks!