Updated Needs List
Items large and small… everything helps us accomplish our mission and spend funds and attention on the work! Someone will be in the office most weekdays from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm to accept deliveries. If you need arrangements for other time periods, please contact us to arrange delivery. Sorry–we cannot pick any items up. To make a financial donation, please click on the Donate button on the top right of the page.
To see current volunteer needs, click here.
- Freezer - Our safe house has a very small refrigerator/freezer which does not leave much room for food for our six women. An extra freezer would be so helpful to store food and meals provided by volunteers. Something like this would be fine, or let us know if you have a good-working used one too!
- Cell phones with SIM cards
- Conditioner (we have plenty of shampoo)
- Women's yoga or sweat pants size small only (5)
- Women's sweatshirts, T-shirts sizes small and XL only (5)
- URGENT: Underwear (panties-- all sizes)
- Umbrellas - as we get into the rainy weather of fall, our survivors have asked for umbrellas to keep them dry while waiting for the bus and going to different appointments. We could use at least 10.
- Small bookshelf - our safe house survivors collect lots of books and movies but are out of storage space for them. A small bookcase, wall shelves, or a DVD holder would be helpful.
- Hair straighteners
- Kits for new rescues - Currently: SIZE SMALL women's (3) and medium mens (1) ONLY Click the link in the heading to see items to include in kits. Please use the drawstring bags noted- they really help with our limited storage space. Thanks! These small drawstring bags are ever so much more space efficient for our limited storage area. Bags are available on Amazon or we can provide if needed. Have a choice? Pick ESTN lime green, of course!
- Reliable cars – only being able to live and get jobs with reasonable access to bus lines is quite limiting. Also- Now you can easily donate your car to End Slavery Tennessee!
- Gift cards for immediate survivor needs - Walmart, restaurants, gas, Kroger, Visa, MasterCard Note: Going to lunch with survivors during a day filled with appointments is an important part of relationship building and care. We’d love a wide variety of gift cards to restaurants all around the area!
Please note: We cannot accept clothing donations except as specifically listed here
Sponsorships or items for :
Birthdays for our girls and women - it’s time to lavish them with love! Sponsor a gift, restaurant meal, party supplies (amounts can vary but generally about $100-$150) Donate as usual, select “Direct Aid to Victims” in category and shoot us a note at the same time, saying it is for a birthday girl (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sponsor a Survivor - We are looking for individuals or groups who would like to financially sponsor a survivor for a minimum of 6 months. Our staff works to provide services and solutions for the many, many needs of each survivor, but we are not always able to provide for their wants. Your sponsorship of a specific survivor would allow for that extra something to make her feel truly special, find a little piece of childhood that was lost, and make new memories. Sponsorship can include a monthly allowance, a shopping spree, a special trip out, or meet a survivor's current wish. Contact us if you would like to become a sponsor today!
A building to serve as the ESTN Survivor Care Center. We are busting at the seams. We need space for survivors to hang out with other survivors and staff they trust- to be community. Think sofas, games, media etc. Space for childcare and a place for new referrals to nap (they are always exhausted.) Space to grow services-- a therapy wing, on site nurse, room for job and education classes, for our partners at Branded Collective to grow the jobs program etc. A secure dorm wing with rooms for survivors to stay in during the first few months while we work out individual plans for next steps. We have a volunteer architect drawing up plans for this state of the art facility. This is a BIG need but one very much needed, especially as TBI gets four new agents and referrals dramatically escalate (as they already are.)
With gratitude from us and those we serve-