Updated Needs List
Items large and small… everything helps us accomplish our mission and spend funds and attention on the work! Someone will be in the office most weekdays from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm to accept deliveries. If you need arrangements for other time periods, please contact us to arrange delivery. Sorry–we cannot pick any items up. To make a financial donation, please click on the Donate button on the top right of the page.
To see current volunteer needs, click here.
- Bookshelf - There is no shelving in our front office which three of staff members share. This one would be a perfect fit.
- Phase 10 -
- Electronic keyboard- purchased or donated, for a survivor with incredible talent. Rekindling dreams is so key to recovery and this young woman in our safe house would greatly benefit from having the chance to make music again.
- Freezer - Our safe house has a very small refrigerator/freezer which does not leave much room for food for our six women. An extra freezer would be so helpful to store food and meals provided by volunteers. Something like this would be fine, or let us know if you have a good-working used one too!
- Cell phones with SIM cards
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Kits for new rescues - Click the link in the heading to see items to include in kits. Please use the drawstring bags noted- they really help with our limited storage space. Thanks! These small drawstring bags are ever so much more space efficient for our limited storage area. Bags are available on Amazon or we can provide if needed. Have a choice? Pick ESTN lime green, of course!
- Reliable cars – only being able to live and get jobs with reasonable access to bus lines is quite limiting. Now you can easily donate your car to End Slavery Tennessee!
- Gift cards for immediate survivor needs - Walmart, restaurants, gas, Kroger, Visa, MasterCard Note: Going to lunch with survivors during a day filled with appointments is an important part of relationship building and care. We’d love a wide variety of gift cards to restaurants all around the area!
Please note: We cannot accept clothing donations except as specifically listed here
Sponsorships or items for :
Birthdays for our girls and women- it’s time to lavish them with love! Sponsor a gift, restaurant meal, party supplies (amounts can vary but generally about $100-$150) Donate as usual, select “Direct Aid to Victims” in category and shoot us a note at the same time, saying it is for a birthday girl (email@example.com
A building to serve as the ESTN Care Center. We are busting at the seams. We need space for survivors to hang out with other survivors and staff they trust- to be community. Think sofas, games, media etc. Space for childcare and a place for new referrals to nap (they are always exhausted.) Space to grow services-- a therapy wing, on site nurse, room for job and education classes etc. Ideally even a secure wing with rooms for survivors to stay in during the first few months while we work out individual plans for next steps or at least some rooms for a new referral to stay in for a few days. This is a BIG need but one very much needed, especially as TBI gets four new agents and referrals dramatically escalate (as they already are.)
Barring that miracle, we need:
At least one more safe house. The current one has been a HUGE help. Rather than placing survivors in cheap hotels, like the ones they were sold from, to sit alone- the safe house is warm and welcoming and provides a true home and community of support. But it is full, referrals will only keep escalating as the state gets training and focus on the issue, and we need at least one, eventually two or three more safe houses in reasonable distance from the offices or the new building (see above!)
With gratitude from us and those we serve-