Please fill out the volunteer application form at the end of this page, for these positions and others. This is step one in volunteering with End Slavery Tennessee.
For current tangible needs list, click here.
General Volunteer Opportunities
- Motivated, highly responsible young person(s) (college student would be ideal) who has good written communication skills and ability to use social networking sites to take role of social networking on our youth initiative web site www.bethejam.org , Facebook page and Twitter.
- Someone(s) to cart some boxes, side tables, a few other items to Goodwill
- Someone(s) to move some furniture items from one office to another. Just a sectional and a loveseat so shouldn’t take long.
- Someone to send reminders to community volunteer groups, a week before and a day or two before. That’s about 16 reminders a month. This can be done from home. Needs someone organized who doesn’t need to be reminded themselves!
- Generous patrons with decorating skills to adopt a room at the office and make it beautiful yet professional, because we think this speaks volumes to our clients about how valued they are.
A good starting place would be the new Resource Center where we’ll have a bank of computers and hold classes like Career Path (dealing with issues specific to obstacles trafficking victims and sexually exploited women have in getting and holding jobs), Computer Skills, GED prep, college exam prep, Literacy etc.
(Photos are samples from an agency we visited in Dallas.)
- Professionals to develop packets for others in your profession and for college professors training those who will enter your profession. We have some resources and guidance but this will take a self-starter, good writer and formatter or perhaps a team encompassing those skills.
- Someone(s) to locate furnished apartments in safe areas we can call upon for short term housing for new rescues (donated for occasional use is best; inexpensive rent considered)
- Business person(s)/ Entrepreneur(s) to discuss feasibility of an idea we have for working with local businesses….and to oversee that plan if it seems good or develop options. Contact Derri at email@example.com
- For these and other volunteer opportunities, please fill out the linked application form. You may send this digitally via e-mail attachment to Karen Karpinski: educator@endslaverytn or mail to:
End Slavery Tennessee
50 Vantage Way Ste. 255
Nashville, TN 37228
ESTN Volunteer Interest Survey Application